My holiday home Wernigerode
Wernigerode is visited annually due to its attractiveness as a medieval half-timbered town, surrounded by forests, hiking and cycling trails.
The historic old town with market square and town hall as well as numerous sights can be reached from your holiday home on foot along the river Holtemme over the pedestrian bridge in just a few minutes.From there you can nostalgically visit the legendary castle high above the city with the Wernigerode Bimmelbahn or by horse-drawn carriage.
The central train station with daily open bakery / breakfast offer is located in the immediate vicinity of your holiday home. So your journey is also possible without your own car comfortably. From the central station, the historic Harz narrow-gauge railways start for journeys through the Harz or up to the approximately 1141 m high Brocken as well as numerous public bus lines of the district of Harz and other selected lines.
Distances at a glance
- Very good transport connections to all public transport
- Five-minute walk to the central train station
(bus, DB, Harz narrow-gauge railways)
- Harz holiday ticket (HATIX www.hatix.info) included in the spa card
- Five minutes walk – Bakery at the train station – NEW Breakfast (egg dishes, juices, fresh bread / rolls / cakes)
(Mon – Fri: 05:00 – 19:00 / Saturday: 07:00 – 19:00 / Sunday 08:00 – 19:00 open – DETAILS WITHOUT GUARANTEE)
- Ten minutes walk – supermarket
- Fifteen minutes walk to the historic old town with market square and town hall
(sights, numerous shops, rustic gastronomy and fine cafes)